Wednesday, 21 August 2013

Initial Skills Assessment

Throughout the AS course I have learnt a number of different skills with using Photoshop, InDesign, Final Cut Express and other software.

Photoshop&InDesign- Whilst using InDesign and Photoshop during the AS course I found I can use them both together to create magazine templates and final products. I mainly used Photoshop to edit and manipulate the images before putting them into InDesign to fit the template I have previously created. A list of tools I used in photoshop are:

  • Lasso Tool
  • Quick Selection Tool
  • Healing Brush Tool
  • Clone Stamp Tool
  • Blur Tool 
  • Dodge Tool
InDesign was used to insert the article and all the headings and titles. Learning how to use the Rectangle Frame Tool was a useful tool, it helped me to place images in the correct size without it pixilating, I found it easy to use when shown. I generally used Photoshop to edit the images and add little extra bits and then I converted them into InDesign to create the full magazine. I used all the skills listed above to do this in the correct way.

I haven't learnt a whole lot on how to use Final Cut Express apart from the basic things like cutting and inserting different clips to create a whole clip. I learnt how to add not only moving imagery but also still images into the projects.

I have my own Mac computer at home and I can skillfully work my way around iMovie and GarageBand. Due to the fact I have been using Mac computers before I joined QE meant I didnt have any difficultly when it came to using the actual computer over the software.

No comments:

Post a Comment