"Describe
how your skills in post-production informed your own creative media practice.
Refer to a range of examples in your answer to show how these skills developed
over time."
My skills in post production informed me in my
own creative media practice. This includes the range of skills I developed
staring in the AS year through to A2. Starting in AS I was asked to created a music
magazine front cover a contents page and a double page spread and then in A2 I
was asked to make a film promotional package including the trailer.
The most important step in post-production for
both AS and A2 is the creating and editing and I feel my skills have developed
greatly over the past two years.
In AS I wanted to create a magazine that looked
as professional as possible and had all the conventions of a magazine. In order
to do this I had to research standing magazines, from NME to Billboard I saw
how different genres of music are shown and promoted to attract the attention
of the target audience through the text and photography. When creating and my
magazine I had to make sure my genre was outstanding and clear. I used
softwares such as Photoshop and InDesign to enable my magazine could be created
to the best ability.
In A2 I already had a lot of my skills from AS
to help me create the magazine and poster side of the project but when I had to
make my trailer I had to develop a whole new set of skills in FinalCutExpress. I
looked at trailers such as ‘The Woman In Black’ and ‘Orphan’ to see how scenes
flow seamlessly, and the suspense is built to allow the audience to understand
the narrative I also saw and intertitles ect. are a big part of what makes the
trailer look professional.
No comments:
Post a Comment